Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Art work

I decided to create this blog not only to show off my gorgeous family but also to display some of my paintings. Showing them off really helps motivate me to keep at it. Painting can very difficult to do when you have a family. It's hard to find time to do it. And often when I do get some time for myself, I would much rather do something else... like sleep. Most of the time I paint at night when the girls are in bed. Eric and I will sit down to watch a movie. While he watches I listen and paint. Night time seems to be the time when I really get the most creative. In high school I would stay up 'til 1 or 2 in the morning just sketching. I think it's because it is so quiet and peaceful. It feels like I have the whole world to myself and I can finally see it for what it is, without all the distractions.

This is my most recent finished piece of work. I started it years ago, then walked away from it for awhile. I got painters block if you will. I just didn't know where to go with it. It's taken from a picture of Lucy when she was only a few weeks old. I wanted her room to be fairy themed, so I decided that it would be really neat if I did a picture of her as a fairy.



I like taking pictures of it unfinished so that I can look back and really see how much work has gone into it.















Overall I'm am pretty proud of it and extremely excited to finally hang it up in the girls room!

2 comments:

Clarissa and Mark said...

Wow! You are an amazing painter! Keep on using your talent. I love this painting.

Ashley said...

That is such a cute painting! I really like it a lot!