Wednesday, August 6, 2008

On a Roll !!!

I have been soo busy lately with my little "mini projects" (as Eric calls them), that I haven't really had much time for blogging. One of my more recent projects... Jamming!

My grandparents who live in Escondido have 2 acres of land full of fruit trees and a huge veggie garden. Plums, Peaches, Apples, Nectarines, Apricots, Oranges, Grapefruit, Tangerines, Lemons, Corn, Carrots, Eggplant, Zucchini, Onions, Pumpkins... OK, you get the point!!! Basically, you name it, they've got it! So when ever the crop comes in Eric and I go over to help harvest. We are so fortunate to have them so close. We hardly ever have to buy produce!(The picture above is one of our many bowls that were full of plums)
So about a month ago my grandma taught me how to make Jam! And now I will never, ever, ever go back to store bought jam. I am addicted! I made both apricot jam and plum jam. Don't they look yummy!?

This was my first batch!
Later that same week I made Cinnamon Rolls! Not to brag or anything but if you ever need a Cinnamon Roll recipe, I have one that you will love. You will never be satisfied with anyone else's again (and that includes Cinnabon!!! Shocking I know!) This isn't the best picture of my Cinnamon Rolls but it still looks tasty! Warning though... Major Calories!!!!!
The picture says it all...everybody makes out well when I am in a cooking mood! (Ha ha!!! Lucy looks like she is on a major sugar high!!! Messy Messy Messy!!!)

4 comments:

Lianna said...

wow Katie, that looks fun.
I love plum jam, but most stores don't carry it. Maybe you can show me how.

The Fishers said...

Those cinnamon rolls look delicious. Maybe you can post that recipe on your blog too!! I am LDS but I still can't put my finger on where I know you. Your husband does not look familar at all. What is your maiden name. Mine is Young. Maybe that will help us out.

Sarah said...

that. is. AWESOME! I'm so so sooo glad I got to hang out with you and help you jam! You are totally right, I will NEVER go back to store bought jam again!

Ashley said...

Wow, you're so domestic! I would love to get that cinnamon roll recipe! Can you post it on your blog? Or send it to me on Facebook? I love the picture of the messy little girls!