Saturday, August 9, 2008

Cinnamon Rolls

Due to popular demand... The Cinnamon Roll recipe!!! But prepare yourself for a ton of butter and sugar...YUM!!!

Ingredients

FILLING ( I double this)

ICING (I double this too)


  1. For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
  2. Add sugar, margarine salt, eggs, and flour, mix well.
  3. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour.
  4. Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
  5. Roll the dought out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 21 inches long by 16 inches wide.
  6. It should be approx 1/4 thick.
  7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  8. To make filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
  9. Spread the softened margarine over the surface of the dough, then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the surface.
  10. Working carefully, from the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge.
  11. Cut the dough into 1 3/4 inch slices, and place in a lightly greased baking pan.
  12. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
  13. While the rolls are baking combine the icing ingredients.
  14. Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
  15. When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing
Nutrition Facts
1 Cinnamon Roll =

517 calories!
Calories from fat 192
Total Fat 21.4g
Total Carbs 75.6g
Dietary Fiber 2.0g
Sugars 40.9g

( I Warned Ya!!)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh WOW, are those nutrition facts for the doubled portions too??? Get ready for fatty bums! :)

Ashley said...

Wow, I kinda wish you hadn't posted the nutrition information too. :) I want to make them so bad, but now I'll actually have to feel GUILTY for eating them!!!

Katie Harding said...

HA HA! Ya I posted the nutrition facts so you would know what you are getting into if you make them. Basically if you know you are going to eat one make sure you watch your calorie intake throughout the day. I usually make a batch, eat what I want and then give the rest away to neighbors or friends here and there. I recommend doing the same! oh! And, no Sarah the Nutrition Facts do NOT include my doubling parts of the recipe. Scary huh!

The Fishers said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will definitely need to try them some time. I hate to tell you this, but I have never even heard of the Lake San Marcos Ward, so that is not where we have seen each other. I have asked my husband, my mother-in-law, and alas no one else seems to recognize you. Perhaps we did just meet at the park or in another life...:)

Hazen5 said...

Katie, You Blog! I saw your comment on Raelynn's blog. It's so much fun reading about everyone's adventures!

P.S. Love your Haircut!