Thursday, January 8, 2009

Utah!!!!

So this post is mostly gonna be pictures cuz it's almost midnight and I can't think straight anymore!

We were up, rarin' and excited to go at about 2ish (in the afternoon of course) the day after Christmas !

....but after a few hours that wore off!!!! I think that I was the only one who was up for the whole drive. We arrived at about 5 am (Utah time, 3 am CA time) on the 27th.
Eric and I decided to go to Utah for a number of reasons. One of the main reasons was to see some of my extended family on my birth dad's side. I hadn't seen my Grandma Olpin or my uncle Tyler since my wedding (4 1/2 years ago) and the rest (my Grandpa Olpin and uncle Kit) I hadn't seen since I was 13. None of them had ever met the girls before, So we were due for a visit!

We also went so we could visit my brother Collin and his pregnant wife Karen.

And lastly, we went for the snow!

This was the girls first snow experience!
They liked the snow alright just as long as they were inside. They didn't like it too much when they were outside. But Lucy did like to poke at it. So all in all it was a success!
Eric on the other hand... Well lets just say you don't want to mess with Eric when he's got a snowball in his hand.
hahaha!!! I love this picture of Tim.

The only time Emily is an angel is when she is in the snow.
Tim made himself a friend!

(I love this picture)
Ok !!!! I couldn't believe this, BUT...... this was the first time Eric had ever gone sledding!!!! Desite the fact that he was deprived of this as a kid, I am so glad that I got to witness this first hand! He was just like a school boy!!!! I love my hubby!!!!
WEEEE!!!!!!

Emily and I tried to go down together on one sled. But since she is a good deal smaller than me, we ended up going down most of the hill like this! But it was so fun!

She looks like a penguin!

Emily, Dad, and Tim!
Eric and Me after sledding our little hearts out!
Sistahs!!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I really want to go to Utah and play in the snow also!

Ashley said...

You got some really awesome sledding pictures! I miss playing in the snow!

Michele said...

What a fun time in Utah. We were there too and the snow really was amazing. Great Pics!