Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving and Black Friday!




I was thinking last Thursday as I walked into my apartment stuffed full of Turkey and Pecan Pie with leftovers in hand, how interesting it is that Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving. We spend a whole day hopefully being grateful for what we have only to spend the next day shopping greedily for material things. I realize that many people do their Christmas shopping on Black Friday, and I am in no way chastising those that do shop on Black Friday. I just think that it is a funny contradiction. A way that, if we are not careful, the Adversary can use to distract us from enjoying Thanksgiving in the right spirit.


I also think it is a funny contradiction that most people find it appropriate to stuff themselves full of food on Thanksgiving. Seeing as gluttony is greed rather than thankfulness. Perhaps there are better ways to show that we are thankful.

So, in light of the season, I'd like to hear what each of you are grateful for.

(Just some "food for thoughts!")

2 comments:

Carissa Peck said...

I am thankful for the luck and good fortune of making AMAZING friends regardless of where I am in the world.

A family that is always supportive of my decisions.

Facebook and gmail for helping me keep in touch with old friends

Zippers...really! Zippers are AWESOME!

Nicole said...

I am grateful for family and friends to be with and to have fun with!